This is what I learned in English class.....
I'll start talking about the topic, "Tag Question" this topic serves to confirm information or some fact checking, If the sentence is positive you´ll have to use a negative tag, for example:
-My sister is a nurse, isn´t she?
-My mother isn´t a teacher, is she?
and then we began to review a little on the simple past and the past perfect.
"The simple past" is used to describe actions that have happened at an earlier time and has now ended. for example: I saw a movie this week.
"The past perfect" is used to refer to an action that took place at a time earlier than other action, although both had happened in the past.
for example: You had studied english before you moved to San Salvador.
We algo saw the use of When and before in simple past and past perfect, the teacher gave us this examples in class: When: When Jane saw the elephant she was amazed. Before: Jane had read a lot about elephants before she went to the zoo.
Then we pass to the topic of "modals" Must, May, Might and Be able to.
Must: expresses a strong obligation and prohibition as well as some certainty Ex: I must go to the supermarket.
May: is used to express a certain degree of probability Ex: I may visit my grandmother on sunday.
Might: expresses weak probability or possibility and is the past of "may" Ex: I might lost my job.
Be able to: is used to express hability Ex: Tina is able to speak 3 languages fluently.
Then we saw the "Health Manners" we saw the disease and how to treat them, we learned new vocabulary about the topic and discuss the different types of treatments that may be available to us, and which we need for the disease that we suffer.
We saw the topic "Causatives verbs" (Have, Make, Get and Let)
Have: Responsability to do something Ex. Dr. Smith had his nurse take the patient´s temperature.
Make: Force someone to do something Ex: My teacher made me apologize for what I had said.
Get: Convince someone to do something Ex. Susie got her son to take the medicine even though it tasted terrible.
Let: Allow someone to do something Ex. John let me drive his new car.
During this period, we saw a lot of new vocabulary and we will continue to use throughout the university cycle....!!!
This is all for now!!! :)




Este comentario ha sido eliminado por un administrador del blog.
ResponderEliminar